Sunday, April 12, 2009

I need to transfer my Lilac Trees and Hyacynth.?

I%26#039;m am moving soon and I don%26#039;t want to leave my newly planted Lilac Trees. Is there a way that I can transplant them into a large pot and bring them into the house. They are only about 2 feet tall right now.





Also, same goes for my Hyacynth. But it%26#039;s only about 7 - 8 inches tall.





They are both still growing, even in all this cold. I do not want to leave them here when we move And I don%26#039;t want them to die over the winter. We will be moving anywhere from the next 2 - 4 months. Our landlord doesn%26#039;t appreciate the plants, and is trying to %26quot;Accidently%26quot; run them over with the lawnmower. We only have 2 Lilac trees and 1 Hyacynth.





PLEASE HELP.!!!!!!!

I need to transfer my Lilac Trees and Hyacynth.?
Not a problem. If they were planted recently %26lt;2 months, then you should be able to put them back into a pot. If it is a longer period, they may have already taken root, in which case I would recommend digging as much as twice the pot size and just putting it in a burlap bag. Try to replant it ASAP mixing a little peat with the dirt in the new hole and spade the roots a little. It will encourage new root growth.
Reply:Hi:


There is no reason you shouldn%26#039;t be able to transplant your two plants, as long as they haven%26#039;t been in the ground too long.





The major item you have to be careful with is the main root system or the mother root. All plants have them. When transplanting into a pot, make sure you did around the base and put your shovel up underneath the plants. I get down on my hands and knees so I can see the larger roots.





Transplant the plants into a good soil mixture of a light weight potting soil. (no bark) Add some humas and vermiculite to the soil. Also use warm water as the warmth is good for the root system. You can also add a little organic mushroom compost to the potting soil. This is an organic fertilizer that will last up to one year. Your plants will love it even if it doesn%26#039;t smell to great! If you do this now, your plants will be fine for a few months until you move.





Best of luck to you and if you need any other help, please feel free to contact me at my website. I will direct you to my site map as well as landscape article section. The site map has everything that is on this website. Landscape articles has many pages on different topics. Good luck to you. Have a great day!


Kimberly


http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...



flower

No comments:

Post a Comment