Sunday, April 12, 2009

My lilac bush has a white moldy substance on the bark what is it?

My lilac bush and my neighbors both have it what is it and how do I get rid of it? It still blooms and the leaves are green.

My lilac bush has a white moldy substance on the bark what is it?
It is powdery mildew, which lilacs are susceptible to and is fairly common. Trim away all the badly affected branches and dispose of them in the trash - get them out of your yard. Treat any spots remaining with a fungicide.
Reply:It is most likely powdery mildew. Lilacs are known for this. Make up a mixture of one-half milk and one-half water and spray it on the bark where you see the mildew once a week or so. See if that takes care of it - milk is known to be a great cure for mildew.



skin disease

No comments:

Post a Comment